difficult. dark. unfair. LIFE simple. light. just.

This is this spectrum of life. My goal is to embrace my position within the spectrum and revel in life!



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ode To A Cheeseburger

I never thought I'd miss you so
You have left me feeling empty
I search every menu in every restaurant for you
You mock me, appearing in print as "beef"
I order and it takes several minutes to chew a single bite
You are alien to this place
I am surrounded by countless goats, and their kids
You float above disguised as a cloud
I know that I was in love
You are an addiction; your flavor unmatched
I desperately grasp for the fleeting memory of your grilled scent
You exist now only in dream form
I see golden arches ahead! At last!
Adieu, adieu.thy taste fades...
Was it a mirage or a dream?
Fled is that juicy beef: Do I wake or sleep?

Hello all! Everything here in Sudan is great with me (I will get over my burger cravings). We are scheduled to meet with guys from YWAM tomorrow morning to discuss the needs and issues in Wadupe. We are starting to address the lack of spirit and faith in the community and it has been another reminder of how hungry these people are for something other than bread. We have basically discovered that although they live on what is claimed to be some of the most fertile soil on the largest country in Africa, many people are just too lazy to farm. They either do not see the point, have the money to start or they are still suffering from savaged land due to the last civil war (war that is claimed to have cost more civilian lives than any war since WWII). Yesterday I searched eight websites that ranked the worst overall countries in the world. Sudan fell out of the top three merely once. This place is dark, desperate and approaching what could be the most pivotal month in their war torn history. Most of the locals we have asked about the current situation point in the same direction. Loss of faith. Continue to pray for these people, the nation, and wisdom for the government. Thank you all who have taken the time to read this and I send sincere apologies to John Keats.

1 comment:

  1. Brother thanks for the words. When God places you on my heart I will surely be praying for you. Unlike you I've been blessed to be in a country that has burgers, they aren't great, but I can find them.

    I pray that God blesses what you're doing and that the lives of people you come in contact with remember you for the love that you give them, through patience, every day.

    ReplyDelete